BOAT MASSACHUSETTS is a state and nationally approved boating safety course, concentrating on the equipment and operating guidelines needed to enjoy boating in a safe and responsible way.
All graduates in the 12 through 15 year-old age group will be issued a safety certificate allowing them to operate a motorboat without adult supervision, as required by state law. The same is true for 16 and 17 year old youth who wish to operate a personal watercraft (jet ski, wave runner, etc.)
The course runs 10-12 hours in length. The normal format is 5-6 two hours classes, though this may vary. All classes are free of charge. Classes are for adults and youth 12 years of age and older. Family participation is encouraged and has proven to be very rewarding.
Boat Massachusetts--Boating Safety Course Schedule
- Easton - SE Regional Tech High School, Easton - April 28, 30, May 5 and 7
- Manchester - Manchester Town Hall - April 20, 22 and 23
- Agawam - Roberta Doerning School, Agawam - May 5, 12, 19 and 26
- Newbury - Newbury Town Library - May 9 and 10
- Medford - Medford Boat Club - May 12, 13, 14 and 15
- Fairhaven - Northeast Maritime Institute - May 16
- Fairhaven - Northeast Maritime Institute - May 19, 20 and 21
- Sturbridge - Southbridge Savings Bank - May 30
- Billerica - Billerica Rod & Gun Club - June 1, 8, 15 and 22
- Marion - Marion Police Department - June 6 and June 13
- Fairhaven - Northeast Maritime Institute - June 16, 17 and 18
- Fairhaven - Northeast Maritime Institute - June 27
- Sudbury - Assabet River National Wildlife Refuge - May 12, 14 and 19
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.