- Click here for information on DHCD's resale units and other affordable ownership units available statewide.
- The Commercial Area Transit Node Housing Program (CATNHP) is a state funded bond program available to municipalities, non-profit and for-profit sponsors to support first-time homebuyer housing through new construction or acquisition and rehabilitation.
- The Housing Development Division of the Department of Housing and Community Development provides funding to developers, non-profit organizations and communities to assist first time homebuyers.
- The HOME Program is a federally funded program that provides funding to non-profit or for-profit developers for first-time homebuyer housing production and rehabilitation.
- The Housing Stabilization Fund (HSF) is a state funded program for municipalities and non-profit or for-profit developers to support affordable first-time homebuyer housing acquisition and rehabilitation.
- The Local Initiative Program is a state housing program that was established to give cities and towns more flexibility in their efforts to provide low and moderate-income housing.
MassHousing (The Massachusetts Housing Finance Agency) is a quasi-governmental agency created in 1966 and to date has provided loans to help more than 60,000 homebuyers achieve affordable and sustainable homeownership
In response to a 1989 Federal Reserve study that found a pattern of racial bias in mortgage lending in Boston, representatives from MHP, the Massachusetts Affordable Housing Alliance (MAHA), the Massachusetts Bankers Association, the City of Boston and others began meeting to find potential solutions.
- Each year, the state allocating agency for the federal Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) program is required to publish a plan describing how it intends to award the credit. DHCD, as the allocating agency, is responsible for preparing the annual allocation plan and making it available for review by interested members of the public before final publication.
- Important information for current home owners of deed restricted properties.
The Homeownership Voucher Program is for families who currently have a Section 8 Voucher (Housing Choice Voucher, HCV) from a participating Housing Authority.