DHCD oversees funding and resources to help people in Massachusetts live affordably and safely.
100 Cambridge St, Suite 300, Boston, MA 02114
Main Office (617) 573-1100
Please listen for phone menu options for DHCD divisions
TTY (617) 573-1140
Who we serve
The Department of Housing and Community Development, through its community and business partners, provides affordable housing options, financial assistance, and other support to Massachusetts communities. We oversee different types of assistance and funding for consumers, businesses, and non-profit partners. The A to Z listing page may come in handy. Learn about the Public Charge Rule and Temporary 2020 Census Work income and how they may impact you.
If you are a person or family looking for housing assistance, please visit the featured services below.
Social media links
What would you like to do?
- Community Development, Planning and Funding
- Emergency Housing Assistance Programs
- Housing Development Programs
- Home Energy Assistance Programs
- Public Housing Assistance Programs
- Rental Assistance Programs
- DHCD Legal Resources
- DHCD Commissions and Committees
- DHCD Agencies and Partners Listings
- DHCD - Public Records Requests, Open Meetings, OnLine Web Secured Services