Notice: Due to the 4th of July being on a Tuesday this year the DLS office in Springfield will be open on Tuesday, July 11th for walk in licensing.
The mission of the Massachusetts Department of Labor Standards is to promote and protect workers' safety and health, wages and working conditions, and to support employers and workers in the utilization of apprenticeship as a workforce development tool. In collaboration with public and private entities, DLS protects workers by means of education and training, workplace safety and health consultation and assessment, occupational injury and illness data collection and analysis, and consistent and responsible administration and enforcement of its statutes and regulations. DLS carries out its objectives in a manner that supports employers and strengthens the Commonwealth's communities and economy.
- Contact the Department of Labor Standards
- Prevailing Wage Topical Index
- DLS Civil Administrative Penalty Regulations
- Council on the Underground Economy
- Find a Licensed Lead-Safe Renovation Contractor
- Find a Licensed Deleading Contractor
- Find a Lead Training Provider
- Asbestos Labs, Contractors, and Training Providers