Making CLAS Happen: Six Areas for Action
A guide to providing culturally and linguistically appropriate services in a variety of public health settings.
The DPH CLAS Initiative is pleased to present this latest tool to assist agencies with implementing the CLAS Standards. The manual offers innovative and practical approaches for agencies to incorporate the federal CLAS principles and practices into all aspects of organizational activities. "Making CLAS Happen: Six Areas for Action" divides the standards into six chapters:
- Foster cultural competence
- Build community partnerships
- Collect and share diversity data
- Benchmark: plan and evaluate
- Reflect and respect diversity
- Ensure language access
Each chapter includes hands on tools, resources lists and case studies from public health and social service providers across Massachusetts.
- CLAS Manual Lit Review
- CLAS Manual Guide to Updates
- CLAS Introduction
- Chapter 1 Foster Cultural Competence file size 1MB
- Chapter 2 Build Community Partnerships
- Chapter 3 Collect Diversity Data file size 1MB
- Chapter 4 Benchmark Plan and Evaluate file size 1MB
- Chapter 5 Reflect and Respect Diversity file size 1MB
- Chapter 6 Ensure Language Access file size 1MB
- Appendices and Glossary
- CLAS Manual Replacement Pages file size 3MB
- CLAS Self-Assessment Tool FY15
- Flu Vaccine for Everyone file size 3MB file size 7MB
- Flu Vaccine for Everyone file size 2MB file size 5MB
- Immunization Equity TA Final Report
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.