Accessing the Nurse Aide Registry
The Massachusetts Nurse Aide Registry is currently transitioning into a web based system. This change will provide users with numerous benefits including 24/7 availability. Live support for the Nurse Aide Registry will continue to be available.
The web based system is scheduled to go online starting in mid-December of 2013. Additional information on these changes will be sent directly to all nursing homes and rest homes, as well as home health, homemaker, hospice and other agencies that are active users of the current phone based verification system, and posted on this webpage. If you have questions about the new system please contact the Nurse Aide Registry at 617-753-8140.
*Attention CNAs or employers who have received questions from CNAs*
If you are a Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) and you have questions or concerns about the transition of the Nurse Aide Registry and how it affects you, please see the Frequently Asked Questions link below. If you are an employer who has received questions about the transition from CNAs please direct them to the FAQ below.
The Nurse Aide Registry Program (NARP), instituted under the provision of the Omnibus Reconciliation Acts of 1987, 1989 and 1990 (OBRA) 42 U.S.C. 1396r, calls for the establishment of training and competency evaluation programs and the maintenance of a long-term care nurse aide registry program by coordinating the following activities:
- approval and monitoring of nurse aide training programs;
- oversight of a nurse aide competency evaluation program which consists of a clinical skills evaluation and a written or oral multiple choice examination;
- the operation of a Nurse Aide Registry containing information about individuals qualified to function as nurse aides in long term care facilities and substantiated findings of resident abuse, neglect or misappropriation of resident property;
- the renewal registration of qualified nurse aides every two years; and
- the coordination of reimbursement for the Medicaid portion of training and testing costs incurred by facilities and individuals.
Nurse Aide Registry Topics
- Requirements for Nurse Aide Testing, Training and Registry Programs
- Information and Contacts
- Accessing the Nurse Aide Registry
Nurse Aide Registry Program
99 Chauncy Street, 2nd Floor
Boston, Massachusetts 02111
Telephone: (617) 753-8144
Sean Erickson, Coordinator