Access the Nurse Aide Registry
Contact for Access the Nurse Aide Registry
Nurse Aide Registry Program
The Details of Access the Nurse Aide Registry
What you need for Access the Nurse Aide Registry
You can use the Nurse Aide Inquiry Response System and License Verification Website to confirm the status of individuals such as Certified Nurse Aides (CNA).
You can inquire about the following individuals. For those individuals that are CNAs, the certification numbers are printed on the CNA certification cards.
|Individuals to check on the Registry||Method|
|CNA with a certification number beginning with the letters CNA (ex. CNA12345)||1. Check the Phone System using the aide’s social security number and
2. Check the License Verification Website using the aide’s “CNA” number
|CNA with a certification number beginning with numbers 0-9 (ex. 012345678A)||Phone System|
|Individuals who are NOT Certified Nurse Aides||Phone System|
When you access the System, you will need:
- Your 7-digit organization Access Code (for Long Term Care facilities, this is the same as your Vendor Payment Number)
- The social security numbers for the individuals about whom you are inquiring
Accessing the Registry
How to check Access the Nurse Aide Registry
Nurse Aid Inquiry Response System
To access the Inquiry Response System:
- Dial (617) 753-8000
- Press 5 after you hear the greeting to enter the Inquiry Response System
- Press 1 to enter an inquiry into the AVRS. When prompted, enter the seven digits of your organization's Access Code. The System will state the name of the organization as it is currently listed on file. Follow the prompts to verify whether this is correct.
- Press the 9 digits of the Social Security Number of the aide about whom you are inquiring
License Verification System
- Go to the Massachusetts Health Professions License Verification Website. You do not need a username or password to access the License Verification website.
- Enter the certification number (eg. CNA-12345) into the search box labeled “License number.” You do not need to enter in any further information.
- Click the search button and find the name of the aide you searched for
- Click on the name of the aide, and a results page will open in a separate window with detailed information from the registry. Print the results page to keep it for your records, a copy will not be sent to you.
Next steps for Access the Nurse Aide Registry
Forms may be sent via mail to:
Nurse Aide Registry
99 Chauncy St.
Boston, MA 02111
You may also send the form via fax to (617) 753-8089.
More info for Access the Nurse Aide Registry
If you are searching by an individual’s social security number, and it is not found in the Registry file, the System will inform you that there is no record for that aide.
If the social security number is found, the System will spell the last name of the aide. Follow the prompts to verify whether this is the correct individual. Once verification has been received, the System will provide one of the following responses:
- This aide is on the Registry and in good standing
- This aide's registration has expired
- Special circumstances apply to this aide. You will be transferred to Registry Personnel for an explanation of the circumstances.
If you contact the System to inquire about an aide to whom special circumstances apply when the office is closed, you will be instructed to leave a voice message including your name, phone number, and the name of the aide about whom you were inquiring. A member of the Registry staff will return your call during the next business day.
Inquiry response letters will be faxed during the night following the placement of the inquiry.
To retrieve a portion of the Nurse Aide Registry data, please follow the Instructions to Retrieve Partial Nurse Aide Registry Data (DOC). The information that is currently available includes name, address, and certification number.