- This page, Access the Nurse Aide Registry, is offered by
- Division of Health Care Facility Licensure and Certification
- Bureau of Health Care Safety and Quality
- Department of Public Health
Access the Nurse Aide Registry
Nurse Aide Registry Program
The Details of Access the Nurse Aide Registry
What you need for Access the Nurse Aide Registry
Important change to the Nurse Aide Registry
All Registry checks must be made using the online system and can no longer be made using the former phone verification system.
All users of the previous phone system, including nursing homes and rest homes, as well as home health, homemaker, hospice, and other agencies, must complete the steps to register for an online NARIS account to continue conducting required Registry inquiries.
You can inquire about the following individuals. For those individuals that are CNAs, the certification numbers are printed on the CNA certification cards.
|Individuals to check on the Registry
|CNA with a certification number beginning with the letters CNA (ex. CNA12345)
|Check the Nurse Aide Registry Inquiry System (NARIS) online system using the aide’s social security number
|CNA with a certification number beginning with numbers 0-9 (ex. 012345678A)
|NARIS online system
|Individuals who are NOT Certified Nurse Aides
|NARIS online system
When you access the System, you will need:
- Your NARIS username (your email address) and password
- The social security numbers for the individuals about whom you are inquiring
Accessing the Registry
If you don't already have access to the Registry, please complete the steps to register for an online NARIS account.
How to check Access the Nurse Aide Registry
- Open a web browser and go to the NARIS website
- Log in with your email and password
- Click on LOOKUP EMPLOYEE STATUS
- Enter the Social Security Number (SSN) of the person for whom you are searching. Select the “Search” button.
- Select the “Print Results” button to print a copy of your search results
Next steps for Access the Nurse Aide Registry
Please complete and return the Update Nurse Aide System Profile form to the Department.
Forms may be sent to the Department of Public Health in one of the following ways:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: Department of Public Health, Nurse Aide Registry, 67 Forest Street, Marlborough, MA 01752
- Fax: (617) 753-8089
More info for Access the Nurse Aide Registry
If you are searching by an individual’s social security number, and it is not found in the Registry, the System will inform you that there is no record for that aide.
To retrieve a portion of the Nurse Aide Registry data, please follow the Instructions to Retrieve Partial Nurse Aide Registry Data. The information that is currently available includes name, address, and certification number.