Nurse Aide Training Programs are available throughout Massachusetts. Use the list of Department-approved Nurse Aide Training Programs to find a training program near you.
Waiver of training
If you have completed an approved training program and would like to become certified, you must apply to schedule an examination. To request an application for the Nurse Aide Competency Evaluation Program or to schedule your examination, please contact the Massachusetts Nurse Aide Testing Office at (781) 979-4010 or (800) 962-4337 (outside of MA).
- Please allow at least three weeks to receive your test results and for your name to appear on the license verification website.
- You will receive your test results by mail. The Department is not able to share test results with individuals by phone.
- You may take the knowledge portion of the test up to 4 times. You may take the clinical portion of the test up to 3 times.
Additional information about testing is available on the American Red Cross website.
Check your certification status
You may use the license verification website to check your Nurse Aide certification status. If you have just completed the Nurse Aide Certification Exam, please allow at least three weeks to receive your test results and for your information to be updated on the license verification website.
If you are a CNA and meet certain requirements, you may apply for Reciprocity. In order to be eligible for Reciprocity, you must be a CNA:
- Who is certified in another state
- Whose certification is current and in good standing
- Who has never been certified in Massachusetts
The Reciprocity application and additional information are available on the American Red Cross website.
Boston, MA 02111