Nurse Aide Training Programs are available throughout Massachusetts. Use the list of Department-approved Nurse Aide Training Programs to find a training program near you.
Waiver of training
Specific waiver provisions are available for applicants that can verify they meet the qualifications listed at 105 CMR 156.100. The application to request a Nurse Aide Training Waiver to take the Massachusetts Nurse Aide Competency Evaluation is available on the Massachusetts Nurse Aide page of the D&S website.
If you have completed an approved training program and would like to become certified, you must apply to schedule an examination. To request an application for the Nurse Aide Competency Evaluation Program or to schedule your examination, please visit D&S Diversified Technologies (D&S) at https://hdmaster.com/testing/cnatesting/Massachusetts/MA_CNA_Home.htm. Students whose training program has registered them through D&S will receive an email notification to complete test registration.
- Please allow at least three weeks to receive your test results and for your name to appear on the license verification website.
- The Department is not able to share test results with individuals by phone.
- You may take the knowledge portion of the test up to 4 times. You may take the clinical portion of the test up to 3 times.
Additional information about testing is available on the Massachusetts Nurse Aide page of the D&S website.
Check your certification status
You may use the license verification website to check your Nurse Aide certification status. If you have just completed the Nurse Aide Certification Exam, please allow at least three weeks to receive your test results and for your information to be updated on the license verification website.
If you are a CNA and meet certain requirements, you may apply for Reciprocity. In order to be eligible for Reciprocity, you must be a CNA:
- Who is certified in another state
- Whose certification is current and in good standing
- Who has never been certified in Massachusetts
If you meet the above requirements, please complete and submit the Reciprocity application to the Massachusetts Nurse Aide Registry.
Marlborough, MA 01752