- 2017 Guide to Hunting, Freshwater Fishing, and Trapping Laws
- 2017 Fishing, Hunting Season Summary file size 1MB
- This publication contains the hunting seasons and bag limits for migratory game birds (woodcock, ducks, geese, snipe, coot, and rails). These regulations are set annually by the Fisheries and Wildlife Board.
- Who Needs a License to Fish, Hunt, and Trap in Massachusetts?
- Certain Lead Jigs and Sinkers Prohibited in Fresh Water - The use of any lead fishing sinkers and lead jigs weighing less than 1 ounce is now prohibited in all inland waters of the Commonwealth.
- Plain Language Summaries - A series of clearly written summaries of the hunting and trapping laws, outlining season dates, bag limits, legal implements, hunting hours, restrictions and other important information.
- Wildlife Management Area (WMA) Regulations
- Landowner Liability - Any landowner permitting use of his or her property for recreation without charging a fee is not liable for injuries to recreational users or their property except in cases of willful, wanton, or reckless conduct by the owner. (M.G.L. Ch. 21,S 17C.)
- Saltwater Anglers must purchase a MA Saltwater fishing permit from the Division of Marine Fisheries. More information can be found at the Division of Marine Fisheries website .