Log in links for this page
MassWildlife Lands Viewer
Contact for MassWildlife Lands Viewer
The Details of MassWildlife Lands Viewer
What you need for MassWildlife Lands Viewer
WILDLIFE MANAGEMENT AREAS ARE OPEN
Use the MassWildlife Lands Viewer to explore Wildlife Management Areas (WMA), Wildlife Conservation Easements (WCE) and other open space. To start exploring:
- Use the drop-down menu in the upper left to search by town or property name.
- Zoom to a region on the map to explore a certain area of the state.
- Click on a property to get more information about a WMA or WCE.
- Click on the “P” for parking information and driving directions.
- Click on the “Basemap Toggle” feature to switch the basemap.
Change the transparency of WMAs and WCEs
When zoomed in close, you may want to make the WMA or WCE shapes lighter to see property details.
1. Click on the “Layer List” icon.
2. After the list opens, click the three dots next to “MassWildlife Lands” and then click on “Transparency.” Then use the slider to adjust the map.
You can also share and print areas of the map.
How to view MassWildlife Lands Viewer
More info for MassWildlife Lands Viewer
Wildlife Lands are public areas that are protected to:
- provide habitat for wildlife
- give people a place to explore wild Massachusetts
These lands are free and open to the public for walking, hiking, hunting, fishing, trapping, and wildlife viewing. Any trails through the properties are unmarked and parking lots are usually not paved. These properties are jointly owned by MassWildlife and the Department of Fish and Game.
These maps are meant for recreational use and show approximate, not legal, property boundaries.