On Monday, April 13th, 2015, the Commonwealth of Massachusetts received a Major Disaster Declaration (FEMA-4214-DR) making federal funding available under FEMA’s Public Assistance (PA) Program as a direct result of the January 26-28, 2015 Blizzard. PA assistance will be made available to local governments, state agencies, and various eligible private non-profit organizations within the ten (10) counties of Barnstable, Bristol, Dukes, Essex, Middlesex, Norfolk, Plymouth, Suffolk, Nantucket and Worcester for emergency work and permanent repair and replacement of facilities damaged as a direct result of the January 26-28, 2015 Blizzard. In addition, nine (9) of the counties listed above, with the exception of Nantucket, are eligible for Snow Assistance under FEMA guidelines for a 48-hour period.
In order to be considered for FEMA reimbursements, your Request for Public Assistance RPA.pdf must be submitted to MEMA by June 10, 2015. Please note, FEMA has granted an extension to submit RPA’s per MEMA’s request - The new RPA deadline is June 10, 2015.
On May 7th, 2015, Governor Baker Appealed for a Broader Scope of the FEMA Disaster Declaration, seeking to extend the designated 48-hour disaster period to 72-hours. On May 12th, MEMA and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts received notification from FEMA that the appeal to expand the disaster period to 72 hours was denied.
- MEMA TO HOST HURRICANE PREPAREDNESS CONFERENCE
- Governor Baker Announces Availability of Federal Small Business Recovery Loans
- Governor Baker Appeals for Broader Scope of FEMA Disaster Declaration
- MEMA ANNOUNCES APPLICANT BRIEFINGS FOR FEDERAL ASSISTANCE
- STAY INFORMED AT THE 2015 BOSTON MARATHON WITH MASSACHUSETTS ALERTS FREE SMARTPHONE APP
- AFTER ACTION REPORT FOR THE 2013 BOSTON MARATHON BOMBINGS RELEASED
- Governor Baker Requests Federal Assistance for Historic Storms
- ROOF COLLAPSE SAFETY INFORMATION
- MEMA INFORMATION ABOUT THE THREAT OF ROOF COLLAPSE
- MEMA’S TIPS FOR STAYING SAFE AFTER THE STORM
- See All Press Releases
Publications & Reports
- MEMA Monthly Reports
- 2015 Seabrook Nuclear Calendar file size 15MB
- 2015 Vermont Yankee Nuclear Calendar file size 5MB
- 2015 Pilgrim Nuclear Calendar file size 2MB
- MEMA Strategic Plan May 2013 file size 5MB
- Massachusetts Statewide Mass Care Shelter Coordination Plan
- Homeowner's Handbook to Prepare for Coastal Hazards file size 12MB
- After Action Report for the 2013 Boston Marathon Bombings
- Cape Cod Emergency Traffic Plan
- MEMA CERT Best Practices Guide file size 2MB
- See All Publications & Reports
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.