The BBRS is an 11-member board which derives its authority to adopt regulations, administer provisions of the state building code and operate various construction related programs from Massachusetts General Laws chapter 143, sections 93 through 100. Please review the FAQ ("Frequently Asked Questions") link below for further information about the varied programs and related complaint procedures. All applications, inquiries or suggestions may be mailed to:
Board of Building Regulations and Standards
One Ashburton Place, Room 1301
Boston, Ma 02108
Thank you for visiting the Board of Building Regulations and Standards website.
- Meetings - Agenda and Minutes
- Meetings - Calendar
- Board Members
- Advisory Committees Members
- Appeals Board and Application
- E-Memos - Important building code announcements by BBRS and DPS.
- Official Interpretations of the Building Code
- Stretch Energy Code
- CODEWORD newsletter
- PowerPoint Presentations
- Laws and Regulations
- 1995 Report on One-and Two-Family Sprinklering file size 3MB
- 2009 Report on One-and Two-Family Residential Sprinklering file size 29MB
Building Officials and Permits
- Building Permit - Application Forms
- Temporary Emergency Use Certificate of Occupancy
- Construction Control Page with Forms
- Building Official - Certification (with required forms)
- Building Official Credit Hours May 2015
- CSG Energy courses will be entered in the 2015-2017 education cycle
- SEMBOA Two-Day credit hours ARE NOT included in the May 2015 list
- State Electrical Inspector
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.