Home Improvement Contractor Registration and Renewal

Information and resources on registering as a home improvement contractor.

All contractors, partnerships, and corporations that solicit, bid on, or perform residential contracting as a contractor or subcontractor on an existing one to four unit owner occupied residential property in Massachusetts must be registered as a Home Improvement Contractor (HIC). An HIC Registration is different from a Construction Supervisor License (CSL) and they are not interchangeable. You can obtain a CSL from the Office of Public Safety and Inspections. Questions about HIC programs? Contact our Consumer Hotline at 617-973-8787.

First time? Start here.


Contact Information

Related Services

Help Us Improve Mass.gov  with your feedback

Please do not include personal or contact information.