- Posted: June 21, 2021 12:45 p.m.
- Last Updated: July 8, 2021 4:47 p.m.
- This page, Peace Officer Standards and Training Commission meeting (June 23, 2021), is offered by
- POST Commission
Public Meeting Notice Peace Officer Standards and Training Commission meeting (June 23, 2021)
Overview of Peace Officer Standards and Training Commission meeting (June 23, 2021)
June 21, 2021
In accordance with Sections 18-25 of Chapter 30A of the Massachusetts General Laws and An Act Extending Certain COVID-19 Measures Adopting During the State of Emergency, notice is hereby given of a meeting of the Peace Officer Standards and Training Commission. The meeting will take place as noted below.
PEACE OFFICER STANDARDS AND TRAINING COMMISSION
June 23, 2021
Remote Participation via Zoom
Meeting ID: 979 0361 0401
PUBLIC MEETING AGENDA
1. Call to Order
2. Discussion of Proposed Guidance Pursuant to Section 119: “Notwithstanding any general or special law to the contrary, not later than June 30, 2021, the Massachusetts peace officer standards and training commission established in section 2 of chapter 6E shall issue guidance on developmentally appropriate de-escalation and disengagement tactics, techniques and procedures and other alternatives to the use of force for minor children that may take into account contextual factors including, but not limited to, the person’s age, disability status, developmental status, mental health, linguistic limitations or other mental or physical condition.”
3. New Business the Chair Did Not Anticipate at the Time of Posting
Zoom Recording of Public Meeting - June 23, 2022 - Click Here