- Posted: August 7, 2023 1:58 p.m.
- Last Updated: August 7, 2023 5:56 p.m.
- This page, Public Meeting August 10, 2023, is offered by
- POST Commission
Public Meeting Notice Public Meeting August 10, 2023
Overview of Public Meeting August 10, 2023
August 7, 2023
In accordance with Sections 18-25 of Chapter 30A of the Massachusetts General Laws, and Chapter 20 of the Acts of 2021, as amended by Chapter 22 of the Acts of 2022, by Chapter 107 of the Acts of 2022, and by Chapter 2 of the Acts of 2023, notice is hereby given of a meeting of the Peace Officer Standards and Training Commission. The meeting will take place as noted below.
NOTICE OF MEETING AND AGENDA Public Meeting #40 August 10, 2023 8:30 a.m.
Remote Participation via Zoom Meeting ID: 93251447723
1) Call to Order
2) Approval of minutes
a. July 12, 2023
3) Executive Director Report – Enrique Zuniga
a. Certification Update
b. Disciplinary Records Update
c. Administrative Update
4) LEA Portal User Survey Results – CTO Owen Mael
5) Law Enforcement Officer Credential Discussion
6) Legal Update – General Counsel Randall Ravitz
a. Guidance to Constables and other Law Enforcement Personnel
b. Guidance on Complaints Reportable to POST
c. Workplace Safety Policy
7) Matters not anticipated by the Chair at the time of posting
8) Executive Session in accordance with the following:
• M.G.L. c. 30A, § 21(a)(5), in anticipation of discussion regarding the investigation of charges of criminal misconduct;
• M.G.L. c. 30A, § 21(a)(7), combined with M.G.L. c. 6E, § 8(c)(2), and to the extent they may be applicable, M.G.L. c. 6, §§ 168 and 178, in anticipation of discussion regarding the initiation of preliminary inquiries and initial staff review related to the same, and regarding certain criminal offender record information; and
• M.G.L. c. 30A, § 21(a)(7), combined with M.G.L. c. 30A, §§ 22(f) and (g), in anticipation of discussion and approval of the minutes of prior Executive Sessions.
a. Division of Standards request for approval to conduct Preliminary Inquiries in the following cases:
b. Approval of commencement of revocation proceedings for the following cases:
c. Approval to close preliminary inquiry & petition to revoke mandatory suspension
d. Approval to close preliminary inquiry
e. Approval of the minutes of the Executive Session of 7/12/23