MassGIS provides several online mapping applications. OLIVER is MassGIS' premier data viewer and download application. MassGIS also provides several specialized or theme-focused viewers. All are described below.
Developers can learn more about MassGIS' Geospatial Web Services. State agencies interested in including GIS and mapping capabilities in their web sites should refer to MassGIS' Web Mapping Services Catalog.
With this application you can:
Check out new Enhancements and Upgrades
Also see other browser-based viewers, which include:
|MORIS - CZM's "Ocean OLIVER"|
CZM Boston Harbor Habitat Atlas
CZM MORIS Massachusetts Ocean Management Plan
CZM Shoreline Change Project
DCR Areas of Critical Environmental Concern (ACECs)
DCR Watershed Protection Act
DFG Wildlands Map
| ||EEA Environmental Justice|
EEA Wind Energy Site Screening Tool
EOHED Planning Ahead for Growth Mapping Tool
MassDEP Priority Resource
MassDEP Title 5 Setback Areas
MassDEP Water Supply Protection Areas
Wetland and Wetland Change Areas
| ||Mass. Audubon Butterfly Atlas|
Mass. Audubon Breeding Bird Atlas
NHESP Priority, Estimated Habitat
Census 2000 Legislative District Browser
Census 2000 Demographics by Town
Developed by MassGIS, CZM and SeaPlan (formerly Massachusetts Ocean Partnership), version 2.0 of OLIVER includes many enhancements and bug fixes:
- Tiled Layers of fast-drawing cached (pre-rendered) datasets including Tax Parcels, Structures, and Detailed Features (transportation, infrastructure, etc.)
- More basemaps including
- Better printing
- Streamlined data extract process, with 3 ways to extract data (by bounding box, by drawn shape or by selected feature shape)
- Ability to change the color of points, lines and polygons (within a limited palette)
- Permalink URLs (to send or bookmark) that support color changes and opacity - so that the link you send exactly represents your map!
- Ability to add selected external (from non-MassGIS servers) WMS layers
- Dropdown to zoom directly to a city or town (OLIVER only)
In addition to the above standard features, OLIVER is now more configurable to create custom viewers.
Along with adding custom datasets, titles, logos, default layers and geographic extent there is now also:
- Capability to Draw and edit to live database layers (including optional snapping and splitting)
- Configurability for many buttons and tools to be hidden if not needed
- Dropdown options to zoom to extents; optionally narrow down dropdown choices within geographies
For state agencies MassGIS can design and host custom "OLIVER"s. For information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on configuration options see OLIVER developers' documentation and configuration examples.
The OLIVER toolkit is an open source project that can be found on Google code as the "morisoliver" project.
Last Updated 2/13/2015