The Massachusetts Trial Court is composed of seven court departments with unique jurisdictions and responsibilities.
The Trial Court is committed to:
- fair and impartial administration of justice;
- protection of constitutional and statutory rights and liberties;
- equal access to justice for all in a safe and dignified environment;
- efficient, effective and accountable resolution of disputes;
- prompt and courteous service to the public by committed and dedicated professionals utilizing best practices in a manner that inspires public trust and confidence.
Trial Court Strategic Plan - Introduction
A new strategic plan is being implemented that will guide the Trial Court in addressing the evolving needs of the people of Massachusetts.
The goal of the strategic plan is to achieve the delivery of justice with dignity and speed.
Access to Justice
Access to Justice is a core value of the Massachusetts Judicial Branch.
Towards that end, in June, 2009 the Chief Justices of the Supreme Judicial Court and the Trial Court established the Access to Justice Initiative. A number of the features on the Massachusetts Courts website were implemented as a result of the initiative including:
- Developing a language access plan ;
- Providing self-help information including videos;
- Expanding lawyer for a day programs and limited assistance representation ;
- Standardizing ADA compliance