Deposit Bottle & Can Recycling

The "Bottle Bill" places a five cent deposit on carbonated beverage and sparkling water containers sold in Massachusetts. Find out where you can return them for a refund.

There is a five cent deposit on many beverage containers sold in Massachusetts. It applies to carbonated soft drinks, beer, malt beverages and sparkling waters. You may return clean, empty deposit bottles and cans to a retailer that sells them, or to a redemption center. Under the "Bottle Bill," retailers must redeem containers at full deposit value. Redemption centers may deduct processing fees from refunds.


Tell us what you think