Nursing Facility Task Force Meeting
Overview of Nursing Facility Task Force Meeting
Theme: Aligning payments with quality and member complexity
I. Statewide Nursing Facilities by Occupancy and Quality (10 min)
II. DPH Presentation: Quality measurements and suitability standards (15 min)
III. Determine Possible Points of Agreement (15 min)
IV. EOHHS Presentation: Modernizing and modeling a payment system centered on investing in quality and paying for acuity (15 min)
V. Discussion: Strategies to direct funding towards high quality facilities and those with highly acute or complex patient populations (50 min)
- Special/complex patient populations
- What complex or special patient populations require the greatest staff time and or greatest investments?
- How can adequate compensation be ensured to nursing facilities for complex or special patient populations? Does the transition to the MDS system help achieve this goal?
- Quality measures
- What role should quality play in determining nursing facility rates and are quality based payment incentives an effective way to improve quality?
- Where should we prioritize quality investments? Should we support high quality facilities or provide additional funding to low quality facilities?
- What factors or improvements have been shown to enhance quality?
VI. Wrap up and Next Steps