You will need:
Please make an appointment if you wish to review non-confidential files from MassDEP's Central Regional Office. Appointments are available on Tuesdays and Thursdays (except state holidays) from 9:00am-12:00pm. by:
- Submitting a request using the form below
- Calling 508-767-2884; or
- Mailing or faxing a file review request form to MassDEP
For oil or hazardous spills and contaminated sites regulated under MGL Chapter 21E:
You may be able to review these files online from our waste site and reportable release lookup.
Look-up Waste Sites and Reportable Releases
File Review Procedures
- You may request up to 6 files (not sites - 3 file numbers constitutes 3 of the 6 files) during one appointment. The request should be organized and complete to ensure that the correct files are provided, so please research your site(s) before requesting an appointment.
- Appointments are only established once you receive a confirmation from the Service Center. If the Service Center does not respond to your inquiry within a reasonable time, please re-submit your request.
- Seats are limited and customers are served on a first come - first served basis.
- Upon arrival, please read and fill out the form supplied to you by the Service Center and return it to the File Manager on duty before leaving.
- During review, DO NOT unclip, remove staples, or take binders or folders apart.
- Photo copies and faxes are available for 20 cents per 8" x 11" page. Fees vary for other size pages.
- Only checks will be accepted and should be made payable to Commonwealth of Massachusetts. There is a $20 fee for returned checks.
- Arrangements can be made to have files sent out to a copy service, which is recommended for any large documents. When there are several people requesting copies, DEP staff have priority for using DEP copy machines.
- If you are unable to keep your appointed time, you must call and cancel your appointment by 12 noon the previous working day. A fee may be billed to your company for appointments which are not appropriately cancelled.