For oil or hazardous spills and contaminated sites regulated under MGL Chapter 21E:
You may be able to review these files online from our waste site and reportable release lookup.
Look-up Waste Sites and Reportable Releases
File Review Appointments
Please make an appointment if you wish to review non-confidential files from the MassDEP Southeast Regional Office. Appointments are available on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 9:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. (except state holidays) by:
- Submitting a request using the form below.
- Calling 508-946-2718; or
- Mailing or faxing a file review request form to MassDEP
File Review Procedures
Important Information: You may request up to eight file folders during one appointment. The request should be organized and complete to ensure the correct files are provided, so please research your site(s) before requesting an appointment.
- Appointments are only established once you receive a confirmation from Service Center. If the Service Center does not respond to your inquiry within a reasonable time, please re-submit your request.
- For phone requests, the voice messaging system will prompt you to leave specific information. We will locate the requested files and confirm the date and time of your appointment within 10 days as required by regulation.
- For online, written and faxed requests, your appointment will be confirmed by a phone call or email within 10 days.
- Seats are limited and customers are served on a first come - first served basis.
- Photo copies and faxes are available for 20 cents per 8" x 11" page. Fees vary for other size pages.
- Only checks will be accepted and should be made payable to Commonwealth of Massachusetts. There is a $15 fee for returned checks.
- Arrangements can be made to have files sent out to a copy service, which is recommended for any large documents.
- If you are unable to keep your appointed time, you must call and cancel your appointment by 12 noon the previous business day.
All requests must include:
1. Your name
2. Company name
3. Telephone number
4. Relevant information as detailed below:
For 21 E and Standard Release Report files supply the
- Street address
- Site name (if applicable)
- DEP Site/RTN # (if known)
For All Others (RCRA, Solid Waste, Right to Know, TURA, Air Quality, Wetlands, Water Supply, Water Pollution) be as specific as possible and supply the
- File # if known
- Complete name
- Complete address (business or residence)