Board of Registration of Real Estate Brokers and Salespersons
The Details of Apply for a Real Estate Attorney-Broker License
What you need for Apply for a Real Estate Attorney-Broker License
Pursuant to G.L. c. 112, §§ 87PP - 87DDD, the Board is permitted to issue a real estate broker license to any Massachusetts-licensed attorneys holding a current law license in good standing with the Supreme Judicial Court. All applicants for an Attorney-Broker license are exempt from the Board’s examination requirements.
To complete an application, enter all required information and upload the following documents:
- A certified letter of Good Standing issued by the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court (SJC).
- A Surety Bond in the amount of $5,000 in the name of the applicant. You are required to obtain this prior to submitting the application.
- A notarized Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) Authorization Form completed and signed by the applicant.
- A recent, color photograph of the applicant (passport-style headshot).
- If applicable, an official letter or certificate of standing for each professional license held by the applicant in any other jurisdiction. Please note that the letter or certificate must have been issued within ninety (90) days of the date of submission of this application.
- If applicable, an explanatory document detailing all prior or pending disciplinary actions against any professional license held by the applicant in any jurisdiction, foreign or domestic. Please include certified copies of any disciplinary documents or official records of the disciplinary action.
- If applicable, an explanatory document detailing all prior felony or misdemeanor convictions against the applicant in any jurisdiction, foreign or domestic. Please include copies of certified court records related to the conviction.
Fees for Apply for a Real Estate Attorney-Broker License
The application fee and the license fee are charged at the same time when your application is submitted. The fee is prorated based on applicant's date of birth. The fee is payable at the end of the online application process, by credit card, debit, card, or bank account. Please note that there is a separate convenience fee charged by DOL’s vendor for certain online payment transactions.
How to apply Apply for a Real Estate Attorney-Broker License
Apply through our ePlace portal. Applicants are advised that they should retain original copies of all supporting documents and that they may be required to submit original copies to the Board at a later date, if requested.
Next steps for Apply for a Real Estate Attorney-Broker License
Please note that it takes a minimum of ten (10) business days for the Board to review and approve a completed real estate attorney broker application. The Board will only review complete applications. Failure to submit all required information or supporting documents will result in your application being deemed incomplete or denied.
Once approved, the license number will appear on your ePlace account immediately. Your license information will be added to DOL's public Check a License database within twenty-four (24) to forty-eight (48) hours after issuance. A license card will be mailed to the address provided on application after issuance.
Contact for Apply for a Real Estate Attorney-Broker License
Address1000 Washington Street, Suite 710, Boston , MA 02118