Contact for Emergency Waiver Request
DCAMM Emergency Waiver Requests
The Details of Emergency Waiver Request
What you need for Emergency Waiver Request
IN QUALIFYING EMERGENCY SITUATIONS CERTAIN PUBLIC CONSTRUCTION PROCUREMENT LAWS MAY BE WAIVED UNDER G.L. c.149, §44(A)(4) OR THE ADVERTISING REQUIREMENTS MAY BE WAIVED UNDER G.L. c.149, §44(J)(6). UNDER THESE LAWS PUBLIC AWARDING AUTHORITIES SEEKING AN EMERGENCY WAIVER MUST RECEIVE WRITTEN APPROVAL FROM THE DIVISION OF CAPITAL ASSET MANAGEMENT AND MAINTENANCE (DCAMM).
Emergency Waiver Request (EWR) Letter
The letter should be signed and on official agency or municipality letterhead explaining each of the following in detail:
- Whether the awarding authority is seeking a waiver of the bidding requirements of G.L. c.149, §44A(4), and/or the advertising requirements of G.L. c.149, §44J(6);
- The nature of the extreme emergency and how it creates an immediate threat to the health or safety of people or property;
- How and when (date) the awarding authority became aware of the emergency situation;
- The proposed scope of work necessary to preserve the health or safety of persons or property for which the awarding authority is seeking an emergency waiver – include a statement that the scope of work described is the minimum work necessary to alleviate the emergency.
- Why the time requirements involved in the standard bidding process will not suffice;
- To the extent a bid solicitation process is possible, explain that process to be used (maximizing competition - minimum 3 competitive prices); if a bid solicitation process is not possible or cannot meet the minimum standard, then explain why.
- The approximate dollar value of the emergency scope of work; and
- A statement that the awarding authority acknowledges that the prevailing wage law (all projects), bonding requirements (all projects over $25,000) and the DCAMM contractor certification requirements (building projects over $150,000) apply to emergency projects.
Please attach relevant information such as letters, reports, orders, or other supportive documentation from expert consultants and local or state officials, if any. You will be notified before the end of the next business day whether the request is approved, denied or requires additional information. Please note that when Emergency Waivers are granted, awarding authorities must nevertheless comply with prevailing wage, bonding and DCAMM contractor certification requirements.
How to submit Emergency Waiver Request
Send Emergency Waiver Request Letter by e-mail to email@example.com.