More about:

How to Request a Public Record from the Division of Administrative Law Appeals

Learn who the Records Access Officer is and the ways you can make your request.

Division of Administrative Law Appeals

The Details

What you need

The Division of Administrative Law Appeals (DALA) encourages you to use our online form to make a public records request (PRR) of DALA's Office or the Bureau of Special Education Appeals (BSEA) Office. This helps to ensure the most expeditious and accurate response to your request. Otherwise, written requests may be delivered by hand, mail, email or fax (if available).  While requests for public records may be made orally in person to an RAO, such requests may not be the subject of an appeal.  Telephone requests may be accepted at the discretion of the RAO.

DALA/BSEA has designated the following employee as the Primary Records Access Officer (RAO) who will assist requesters in fulfilling their requests.

Edward McGrath, Primary RAO
Title: Chief Magistrate

How to request

Please use our online form

You may call (617) 626-7200 and ask for the Records Access Officer

You may mail your request to:

Edward McGrath, Primary RAO
Chief Magistrate
One Congress Street, 11th Floor
Boston, MA 02114

You may fax your request to the attention of the Records Access Officer at (617) 626-7270

You may hand deliver your request to:

Division of Administrative Law Appeals (DALA)
ATTN: Records Access Officer
One Congress Street, 11th Floor
Boston, MA 02114

More info

We encourage the public to submit written requests whenever possible. If an oral request is necessary, please call (617) 626-7200 and ask for the Records Access Officer.

Questions regarding how to file a public records request or the status of a public records request can be made via email at edward.mcgrath@MassMail.state.MA.US or by calling (617) 626-7200.


1 Congress Street, 11th Floor, Boston, MA 02114
(617) 626-7220


Did you find the information you were looking for on this page? * required
We use your feedback to help us improve this site but we are not able to respond directly. Please do not include personal or contact information. If you need a response, please locate contact information elsewhere on this page or in the footer.
Tell us what you think