Board of Registration of Professional Engineers and of Land Surveyors
The Details of Request a License Verification or Certified License History Document (Engineers and Land Surveyors)
What you need for Request a License Verification or Certified License History Document (Engineers and Land Surveyors)
For a fee, the Board provides certified license verification documents to current and former licensees, as well as other licensing boards, jurisdictions, or interested parties. The certified verification document provides the following public information on each licensee:
License issuance date
License expiration date
Disciplinary action information
Please note that the above-listed public information is also available, free of charge, through the Division of Occupational Licensure’s public “Check a License” database.
The Board does not complete licensing verification forms from licensing authorities in other states or jurisdictions, and provides only the above-listed public information to requestors.
Fees for Request a License Verification or Certified License History Document (Engineers and Land Surveyors)
Please note that a convenience fee may be assessed for all online credit card transactions. There is no fee for online payment by check.
How to apply Request a License Verification or Certified License History Document (Engineers and Land Surveyors)
To request or obtain a certified license verification document from the Board, please submit a request through the ePLACE portal. Please note that if you do not already have an account you will be required to create one prior to submitting your request.
When submitting your request, please indicate whether you would like an electronic copy (PDF) e-mailed to you or a hard copy mailed to you or a licensing authority in another state or jurisdiction. If you are requesting a hard copy, please provide a valid mailing address.
More info for Request a License Verification or Certified License History Document (Engineers and Land Surveyors)
Hints to Make Processing Your Verification Request Smoother:
Please provide the following information under “Special Instructions”:
- Please indicate which exam(s) you passed in Massachusetts and need verification of, and when you think you took the exam(s);
- Fundamentals of Engineering (FE)
- Fundamentals of Surveying (FS)
- Professional Engineer (PE)
- Professional Land Surveyor (LS)
- Please indicate which certification(s) was issued by the Board and needs verification:
- Engineering in Training (EIT)
- Surveyor in Training (SIT)
- Please indicate which license(s) was issued by the Board and needs verification:
- Professional Engineer
- Professional Land Surveyors
- If you took an exam under a different name, please include that name with your request.
- If your verification is to be sent to another state’s Board and the Board requires you to complete a specific form, please upload the form as part of your verification request.
- Please provide your contact phone number or email in the event we have questions about your request.
- If requesting a verification to be sent to a state’s Board, please enter the name and address of the Board to which the verification should be sent.
- If requesting a verification to be submitted to NCEES, just enter “NCEES” in the Delivery instructions.
- Verifications may not be emailed as the Board’s seal will not be visible.