Attendees will learn about some of the tools needed to successfully conduct public board activity, oversee their organizations, and ensure public money is spent appropriately. Attendees will also learn how to identify and prevent fraud, waste and abuse and how to comply with key legal requirements applicable to public boards.
- Prerequisite: None
- Class Level: Basic
- Instructional Method: Online - MCPPO Online Class Technical Specifications
- Advanced Prep: None
Session 1: November 15, 2022 - Registration is closed.
Session 2: February 23, 2023
Session 3: April 20, 2023
Session 1: 4:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Session 2: 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Session 3: 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
This training can be customized for your jurisdiction.
- Fiduciary duties and responsibilities
- Public Records Law
- Open Meeting Law
- Running effective meetings
- Contract management
- Ethics requirements for members of boards and commissions
- Managing executive contracts
- Preventing and detecting fraud, waste and abuse
- Prevailing wage
- Procurement laws
- Tools for effective oversight
|Last updated:||July 29, 2022|