Overview of the Expression of Interest
The Expression of Interest is an optional short form that gives potential Community One Stop for Growth (!guides/community-one-stop-for-growth) applicants the opportunity to receive feedback and guidance on their priority projects before submitting a full One Stop application. This allows applicants to explore how their projects align to the Development Continuum, indicating information about a project and anticipating how it may be submitted in the full application.
Representatives from the Executive Office of Housing and Economic Development, the Department of Housing and Community Development and Mass Development Finance Agency review each Expression of Interest and provide feedback through the lens of the programs included in the FY23 Round of the Community One Stop the to help applicants boost the competitiveness of their applications. The review team will also refer applicants to funding opportunities outside of the One Stop that may be able to support their project(s), as applicable.
Although the Expression of Interest is optional, it is highly recommended for any organizations considering submitting a One Stop Full Application. In the FY22 Round, 82% of all successful applications in the One Stop came from applicants that also submitted an Expression of Interest.
Each organization may submit one (1) Expression of Interest form for the FY23 Round. The Expression of Interest period opened on December 15, 2021 and closed on March 18, 2022. All EOI forms may include up to two (2) project proposals, however forms submitted prior to 11:59 PM on February 4, 2022 were allowed to include a total of five (5) projects.
For the FY23 Round, twelve (12) programs offered by the Executive Office of Housing and Economic Development, Department of Housing and Community Development, and MassDevelopment will be administered through the Community One Stop for Growth:
Executive Office of Housing and Economic Development
Department of Housing and Community Development
- Housing Choice Community Capital Grants
- Massachusetts Downtown Initiative
- Community Planning Grants
- Rural Development Fund
Key Dates for the Expression of Interest
The Expression of Interest portal opened on December 15, 2021. All Expressions of Interest forms may include up to two (2) projects. Forms submitted prior to February 4, 2022 may include up to five (5) projects. All Expressions of Interest must be submitted by March 18, 2022.
- Expression of Interest Open - December 15, 2021
- Expression of Interest Close – March 18, 2022
- Webinar 1: One Stop Overview Webinar
- Webinar 2: One Stop Application Guidance Webinar
- Webinar 3: Technology Webinar
The Expression of Interest closed on March 18, 2022 while applications are being considered and will reopen in Fall 2022.
An Expression of Interest is not a substitute for any grant application.
Process Details for the Expression of Interest
The application is organized into the following sections:
- Section 1 - Applicant Information: Identifying information of the applicant, and partners, if applicable.
- Section 2 - Project Summary: Describe priority projects or initiatives that the applicant intends to submit in a One Stop application for grant consideration. Describe the projects, areas, and/or sites and indicate the types of funding sought, even if unsure about the specific sources. This section is meant to provide state reviewers with insight into the prospective projects.
The Expression of Interest must be submitted via the IGX system.