- Group Insurance Commission
Tufts Health Plan is pleased to announce a scholarship program available to undergraduate students pursuing a degree in the Allied Health field: nursing, physician assistant, physical therapy, occupational therapy or a clinical management track in health sciences, who are eligible for health insurance coverage with the Group Insurance Commission (GIC).
In calendar year 2021, two individual $2,500 scholarships are available to GIC-eligible undergraduate students currently enrolled in any accredited two- or four-year public or private college or university, who have completed at a minimum one semester of classes. At least one of the student’s parents and/or a legal guardian must be enrolled in a GIC health plan; being a Tufts Health Plan member is not a requirement.
Each scholarship is merit-based. Applications will be evaluated based on the cover letter, the student’s college GPA, the essay, and a resume (if the student chooses to submit one), all of which must be received by Tufts Health Plan by 5 p.m. on Monday, November 15, 2021.
- Undergraduate student currently enrolled full-time in any accredited two- or four-year, public or private college or university.
- Minimum college GPA of 3.0. The student must have completed at least one semester of college as of Monday, November 15, 2021.
- The applicant must plan on a career in the allied health field, such as nursing, physical therapy, occupational therapy, physician assistant or a clinical management track in health sciences.
- The student’s parent or legal guardian must be enrolled in health insurance coverage through the GIC at the time of award.
Please submit the following:
- Cover letter
- Application form
- Essay (see page three of this application)
- Copy of your most recent college transcript
- Resume (optional)
All materials must be completed and received by Tufts Health Plan by 5p.m. on Monday, November 15, 2021.
- Scholarship recipients will be notified by Wednesday, December 1, 2021
- Checks will be made payable directly to the registrar’s office of the student’s college or university and mailed on or before Wednesday, December 15, 2021
- Dependents of Group Insurance Commission employees and dependents of members of the Commission are not eligible.
- Previous scholarship recipients are not eligible.
- Undergraduate students who will graduate prior to Wednesday, December 15, 2021, are not eligible.