- Division of Capital Asset Management and Maintenance
Media Contact for Charles F. Hurley Building Redevelopment
Opened in 1971, the 327,000 SF building houses offices for the Department of Unemployment Assistance, MassHire Department of Career Services, Department of Labor Standards, Department of Labor Relations and LWD Shared Services Groups, in addition to other state offices.
The site will be redeveloped through a public-private partnership, which will infuse new uses into the 3.25-acre site while retaining office space for state agencies.
Expected benefits of the redevelopment include:
- New, modern office space for state employees for similar or less cost than comparable space elsewhere
- Long-term cost stability for both capital and operating budgets
- Improved public realm across 8-acre block through increasing site utilization and activation
- Economic benefits from large-scale private development (jobs, tax revenue, etc.)
DCAMM plans to issue a formal solicitation for this partnership in mid-2020.