- Office of the Inspector General
Media Contact for Internal Special Audit Unit 2019 Annual Report
The ISAU's efforts included investigations, reviews and audits related to the use of public and private transportation funds. The unit also worked collaboratively with MassDOT and the MBTA to help strengthen internal controls, procurement practices and contract administration. Highlights from last year include:
- Conducted a preliminary review of the MBTA’s privatization of its warehousing and logistics services.
- Began working with the Merit Rating Board to improve its operations, policies, procedures and internal controls.
- Worked collaboratively with the MBTA to review and improve its administration of its fleet of non-revenue vehicles.
- Provided fraud prevention training for MassDOT staff who oversee maintenance and construction contracts.
- Handled over 200 hotline calls from the public and from employees at MassDOT and the MBTA.