- Office of the Inspector General (OIG)
Media Contact for OIG 2017 Annual Report Published
In 2017, the Office:
- Conducted investigations and reviews in such areas as aviation, health and human services, library administration, pharmacy services, public procurement, public benefits, public works, state pensions and transportation.
- Investigated numerous criminal and civil matters that led to convictions, indictments, settlements, restitution and corrective measures.
- Worked with the Department of Transitional Assistance on improving the administration of public benefits programs and enhancing fraud detection.
- Evaluated MassHealth’s administration of claims from hospice providers.
- Received and responded to over 1,080 complaints; handled approximately 1,750 Chapter 30B inquires and questions; and provided public procurement training to over 1,900 participants.