- Group Insurance Commission
As you may have heard, Tufts Health Plan and Harvard Pilgrim Health Care have recently completed a merger. Please find additional information and resources regarding the merger below:
- Tufts Health Plan and Harvard Pilgrim Health Care are now part of one combined organization.
- For the time being, however, Tufts and Harvard Pilgrim will continue to operate as separate companies and keep their current respective company names. A new name for the combined company is expected in the coming months.
- Rest assured that if you are currently covered under health insurance plans with either company, there will be no immediate change to your policy and you should continue using their current member ID card.
- The GIC is working with the leadership of both companies to ensure that any changes resulting from this merger will come with significant advance notice and will not be disruptive to members.
- Members will be able to maintain enrollment, or newly enroll, in plans offered by Harvard Pilgrim and Tufts in the 2021 and 2022 annual enrollments.
- Members can find more information at https://www.healthplanholdingsinc.org/