The 347,000 SF building, located at 19 Staniford Street, opened in 1971. It contains offices for the Department of Unemployment Assistance, MassHire/Department of Career Services, and other state offices.
The site will be redeveloped through a public-private partnership, which will infuse new uses into the 3.35-acre site while creating modern office space for state agencies.
Offering Process / Request for Proposals (RFP)
Newmark Knight Frank, acting on behalf of DCAMM, released the Call for Offers in September 2021. The response period has ended, and responses are being evaluated by DCAMM.
Find the Offering Memorandum for this process.
About the Project
The Commonwealth’s three overriding goals for the project are to:
- Cost effectively address capital renewal needs of an outdated state asset.
- Consolidate state employees who are currently spread throughout leased spaces in Downtown Boston, into state-owned space in Government Center.
- Transform the site from an imposing super-block into a pedestrian-friendly part of a vibrant neighborhood.
- Summer 2021: Begin formal process of identifying a redevelopment partner
- 2022: Designate a redevelopment partner
- 2023-24: Redevelopment partner completes permitting/financing, begins construction
- 2025+: Redevelopment complete