The 327,000 SF building, located at 19 Staniford Street, opened in 1971. It contains offices for the Department of Unemployment Assistance, MassHire Department of Career Services, Department of Labor Standards, Department of Labor Relations and LWD Shared Services Groups, in addition to other state offices.
The site will be redeveloped through a public-private partnership, which will infuse new uses into the 3.25-acre site while creating modern office space for state agencies.
Expected benefits of the redevelopment include:
- Cost-competitive, updated office space for state employees
- Long-term cost stability for both capital and operating budgets
- Improved public realm across 8-acre block
- Economic benefits from large-scale private development (jobs, tax revenue, etc.)
DCAMM plans to issue a formal solicitation for this partnership in mid-2020.
Q1-2 2020: Due diligence, stakeholder outreach.
Fall 2020: DCAMM to begin formal process of identifying a redevelopment partner.
Mid 2021: Designate a redevelopment partner
Late 2022: Redevelopment partner completes permitting/financing
Early 2025: Redevelopment complete
Request for Proposals (RFP)
No RFP is available at this time. DCAMM anticipates issuing a solicitation in the 3rd quarter of 2020. Check back here for updates, or complete our Real Estate Contact Form to be notified when an RFP is available.
- Project Notification Form -filed with Massachusetts Historical Commission on January 27, 2020
- Preservation Report by Bruner / Cott Architects, with Stantec: January, 2020
Asset Management Board (AMB)
- Presentation to AMB on Preliminary Project Proposal on January 14, 2020
Written comments can be submitted by:
- Completing the Charles F. Hurley Building Redevelopment Comment Form
- Submitting in writing to Abigail Vladeck, Senior Project Manager, DCAMM, Office of Real Estate Management, One Ashburton Place, 15th Floor, Boston, MA 02108