Renew Your License Online
The Division of Professional Licensure (DPL) is pleased to provide licensees with the ability to renew professional license(s) online through ePLACE. To renew your license online, please refer to the instructions detailed below.
To renew online, you will need the license renewal application which was mailed to your address of record. If you do not have a license renewal form, please visit DPL’s contact information page to obtain contact information for the Board that issues your license.
If you have your license renewal, you may complete the following steps to renew online:
- Visit the ePLACE Portal to register for an account. Detailed instructions on how to create a portal account can be found here.
- After you have registered for an account, please login with the username and password that you created.
- After logging in with the username that you created when you registered, go to the “Manage My Licenses and Permits” tab, and complete the following steps:
- Select the “File an Online Application” link;
- Select the “Link Your Account Portal” link under the search box;
- Select the “Link your Online Account to an Existing Record” link; and
- Select the proper agency, Division of Professional Licensure (DPL), and when prompted enter your Record ID/license number and the Authorization Code provided on your license renewal form.
- Link your account using your Record ID/license number (Example: 1234-PL-M1) and the Authorization Code (Example: 1234567899) found on your license renewal form.
Note: Your Record ID/license number and Authorization Code can be found on page one (1) of the license renewal form provided to you. If you are unable to locate your Record ID/license number and Authorization Code, please contact that Board that issues your license by calling 617-727-3074.
- Once you have successfully linked your account, go back to the “Manage my Licenses and Permits” page and you should now see your license listed and the option to renew. Be advised the option to renew will only be present if your license is currently eligible for renewal.
- In the right column labeled “Action” you will see a link to Renew Application. Click that link to begin the process.
PLEASE NOTE: Licensees may only renew their license ONCE per license cycle, either via postal mail OR online. Please DO NOT renew online AND by mail. Doing so will interfere with the processing of your renewal application and delay approval and receipt of your renewed license.
Renewal Fees & Payment Information
As part of the online renewal process, licensees may also submit payment for the renewal fee electronically. To view the renewal fee applicable to your license type, please consult our Fees and License Renewal Schedules database. Please note that there is a convenience fee for all online credit card transactions. There is no fee for online payment by check.