Renew Your License Online
The Division of Professional Licensure (DPL) is pleased to provide licensees with the ability to renew professional license(s) online through ePLACE. To renew your license online, please refer to the instructions detailed below.
To renew online, you will need your license Record ID and Authorization Code. If your license is eligible for renewal, this information is provided on the license renewal application which was mailed to your address of record. Obtain an authorization code here. You must provide the following information to obtain your license Record ID and Authorization Code:
- First & Last Name for a person or Entity Name for an organization
- License Number
- Type of License
- Mailing Address
For all other inquiries, please visit DPL’s contact information page to obtain contact information for the Board that issues your license.
Once you have your license Record ID and Authorization Code, you may complete the following steps to renew online:
- Visit the ePLACE Portal to register for an account. Detailed instructions on how to create a portal account can be found here.
- After you have registered for an account, please log in with the username and password that you created.
- After logging in with the username that you created when you registered, click on the “Home” tab, and complete the following steps:
- Select the “Link Your Account to Your License” link under “What would you like to do?”
- Select the “Link Your License/Permit/Certificate to Your Account” link dropdown; and click the circle next to “Link your license/permit/certificate to your portal account”
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the Continue button
- In the Record Link page, do the following:
- For Agency: select DPL (Division of Professional Licensure)
- For Record Identification Code: enter your Record ID (Example: 1234-PL-M1)
- For Authorization Code: enter your Authorization Code (Example: 1234567899)
- Click the Continue button
- On the next page review what you entered for accuracy, then click the Continue button
- A confirmation message appears stating you successfully completed linking your account
Note: Your Record ID/license number and Authorization Code can be found on page one (1) of the license renewal form provided to you. If you are unable to locate your Record ID/license number and Authorization Code, please access this form.
- Once you have successfully linked your account, go back to the “Manage Licenses, Permits, and Certificates” page and you should now see your license listed and the option to renew. Be advised the option to renew will only be present if your license is currently eligible for renewal.
- In the right column labeled “Action”, you will see a link for “Renew Application”. That is the link for your online license renewal. Click that link to begin the process.
- For even more detailed instructions on how to create an account, link your license and renew it please click here.
PLEASE NOTE: As our agency begins to phase out paper renewal forms, eventually licensees will only have the option to renew online. Licensees may only renew their license ONCE per license cycle, either online OR via postal mail if that option is still available. Please DO NOT renew online AND by mail. Doing so will interfere with the processing of your renewal application and delay approval and receipt of your renewed license.
Renewal Fees & Payment Information
As part of the online renewal process, licensees must also submit payment for the renewal fee electronically. To view the renewal fee applicable to your license type, please consult our Fees and License Renewal Schedules database. Please note that there is a convenience fee for all online transactions charged by our e-payment vendor. Online credit card transactions incur a 2.35% convenience fee and ACH/EFT (electronic checks) transactions incur a fee of $0.35.