Be Well Informed (BWI) is an online tool hosted by EPA that allows you to enter your water quality lab results and obtain information regarding any contaminant concentrations that exceed MassDEP or federal standards or guidelines that exist for public drinking water. The tool also provides information about any potential health risks and recommended water treatment options.
The BWI tool can be accessed at https://www.e-enterprise.gov/eenterprise-new.
- Select "browse as guest" at top right side of e-enterprise web page.
- Agree to the "conditions of use".
- The Be Well Informed tool is at the top left side of the next web page.
- Open the dropdown menu arrow in the box labeled "Select a State/Tribe" and select "Massachusetts", then click on the "check your water" box.
- A data entry page will open for the entry of your water quality results.
- There is also a "State/Tribe Resources" menu item at the top of the data entry page where you may obtain links to information relevant to private well owners.