Do NOT Apply with Apple Products
Candidates, please be aware: if you attempt to complete any part of any application offered by Civil Service using an Apple product (iPhone, iPad, Safari browser, etc) your information will NOT be transmitted, and will result in failure to complete your application and be eligible for an exam.
- Examination announcements/posters for upcoming scheduled civil service tests. Please note this area is only populated with information as exams are scheduled and during the application acceptance period.
- Notice to Appear & Examination Form Information for Applicants Participating in Upcoming Scheduled Examinations. Note: Exam forms (such as education & experience instructions, worksheets and employment verification forms) are no longer mailed to applicants with their notice to appear and must be downloaded and printed by applicants. Applicants should have these forms completed and bring them, along with supporting documents, to the exam. Read the exam announcement/poster for the on-line availability date of exam forms and which forms are applicable for your specific test.
- Orientation and examination preparation guides for entry level Correction Officer I, Firefighter and Police Officer tests.
- Reading lists for civil service merit system examinations.
Regional Assessment Center Initiative*PLEASE NOTE: The February Police Captain RACI and June Chief Series RACI examination has been suspended. Participating Departments and candidates will be contacted directly.
HRD is actively reviewing the status of RACI and will update Appointing Authorities accordingly when more information becomes available.
We apologize for the inconvenience and will continue to work with departments to resolve upcoming issues and concerns.
- The Continuous Testing (ConTest) Program has been discontinued due to the current financial situation facing the Commonwealth. All funding for this program has been eliminated through the Governor's Fiscal Year 2009 budget cuts. Please continue to visit this page to check for further developments and information regarding this program.