Child support is money paid by a parent to assist with the financial needs of a child when the parents no longer live together. The parent with whom the child lives most of the time is often referred to as the custodial parent. The other parent is often called the non-custodial parent. Generally, the non-custodial parent pays child support to the custodial parent.
Free Center for Mothers and for Fathers to Get Answers to their Questions
The Family Court Answer Center is offered once a month at the Court Service Center located on the 2nd Floor of the Edward W. Brooke Courthouse, 24 New Chardon Street, Boston MA. The purpose of the Answer Center is:
• to provide mothers and fathers with general information on certain family law matters;
• to provide a one-on-one opportunity to meet individually with an attorney, Department of Revenue, Department of Children and Families, Probation Department, Registry/Judicial staff and a Domestic Violence advocate;
• to supply and help complete necessary forms for court proceedings;
• to refer those seeking to hire a lawyer to legal referral services;
• to make available written information on community programs and services.
For schedule and more information see: