Child support is money paid by a parent to assist with the financial needs of a child when the parents no longer live together.  The parent with whom the child lives most of the time is often referred to as the custodial parent.  The other parent is often called the non-custodial parent.   Generally, the non-custodial parent pays child support to the custodial parent.


Free Workshop for Mothers and for Fathers

The  Suffolk County Family Court Workshop for Mothers and for Fathers is offered each month at Boston City Hall. There are separate workshops for mothers and for fathers. The purpose of the workshop is:

  • to provide Suffolk County mothers and fathers with general information on certain family law matters
  • to supply and help complete necessary forms for court proceedings
  • to refer those seeking to hire a lawyer to legal referral services
  • to make available written information on community programs and services

For schedule and more information, see: