Office of the Commissioner
600 Washington Street
Boston, MA 02111
Phone number: 1-617-348-8400
Important Contacts for Applicants and Clients
- DTA Assistance Line
By calling the Assistance Line anytime (even when our offices are closed), you can:
By calling the Assistance Line during our business hours from 8:15 a.m. to 4:45 p.m., you can:
- Reach a case manager.
- Get general information, or talk to a case manager to finish a SNAP interview.
- Speak to someone about domestic violence help.
- Request an accommodation.
- Reach the fraud hotline, EBT hotline, hearings and appeals division, Fraud Investigation and Data Matching unit, overpayments and recovery, cash case worker, or local offices.
- My Account Page
If you have access to the Internet, you can sign up to view your DTA case information online . If you are the Head of Household (the person who signed up for benefits), you can:
- Find out your current case status and benefits
- See the date your next benefits will be available
- View and print recent notices we sent to you
- Print your own verification of benefits
This information is provided by the Department of Transitional Assistance.