Log in links for this page

Funeral and burial payment assistance

If a family member died and there are no resources to pay the funeral home, you can apply for payment assistance for funeral and burial costs through the Department of Transitional Assistance (DTA).

The Department of Transitional Assistance might be able to help pay for the cost of the funeral and burial for a resident of Massachusetts who has passed away if there are not enough resources to pay for these costs.

Eligibility for this assistance depends on whether there are resources to pay.

First time? Start here.

Contact Information


The DTA Assistance Line is open from 8:15 A.M. to 4:45 P.M.


DTA Document Processing Center (617) 887-8765

Help Us Improve Mass.gov  with your feedback

Please do not include personal or contact information.