Welcome to the Department of Unemployment Assistance (DUA)
DUA administers the Unemployment Insurance (UI) program which provides temporary income assistance to Massachusetts workers who are unemployed through no fault of their own and who are able to work, available for work and looking for a job. On July 1, DUA launched a modern, web-based UI system to better serve customers. UI Online will expedite UI payments to unemployed workers and provide all users with many convenient, online services. The new system also strengthens our ability to prevent, detect, and recover fraudulent UI payments. Thank you for your patience as we upgrade our outdated technology to better serve you!
1099G statements for Tax Year 2013 have been mailed.
1. Apply for UI benefits by phone: Call the TeleClaim Center at 877-626-6800 from area codes 351, 413, 508, 774, and 978 or 617-626-6800 from any other area code. Business Hours Effective 2/24/14: Monday & Tuesday 7:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m., Wednesday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. To ensure that everyone can reach an agent without experiencing long wait times or busy signals, please adhere to the schedule above. And try back again if you cannot get through. Thank you for your patience.
2. Request your benefit payment: Call TeleCert at 617-626-6338 from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.* beginning Sunday through Saturday of the requested week. See the new TeleCert Questions.
3. Check your payment status: Call the Payment Status Line at 617-626-6563.
4. Set/change your TeleCert PIN: Call the PIN Service Line at 617-626-6943.
* The telephone systems may not be available periodically due to system maintenance.