Per order of Governor Baker regarding public records requests:
- Secretariats and agencies will designate a Records Access Officer (RAO) to receive and coordinate requests and establish an internal tracking system to ensure compliance with the administration’s public records policy and existing law. RAO’s contact information will be posted on an agency’s website along with helpful instructions for submitting public records requests. The RAO for the Department of Industrial Accidents is Bill Taupier, Director of Administration, 617-727-4900 ext. 7560, Bill.Taupier@massmail.state.ma.us.
- To improve communications with the public, secretariats and agencies through their RAO will notify a requester within 5 days if the records they are seeking may take more than 10 days and/or $10 to produce. Requests should be fulfilled in no more than eight weeks, with any extension being explained to a requester in writing.
- Secretariats and agencies will regularly make available frequently requested information and/or records on their website and provide information as able, in electronic, searchable formats.
- The administration will waive search and retrieval fees for standard public records requests, provide at no cost the first 4 hours of work required for more complex requests, and charge no more than $25 per hour for additional time required and notify the requester of those costs in advance.
- The administration will implement standardized production costs in response to public records requests, and in the interest of cost savings and environmental purposes, fulfill requests electronically as able.
- Electronic Copies: No charge for duplication*
- 1-4 precisely defined documents: No charge**
- Black and White Hard Copies: 10 cents per page for single- and double-sided copies.
- Color Hard Copies: 50 cents per page
*Costs for discs, thumb-drives or other storage devices necessary to transmit requested documents still apply.
**To be provided within 3-9 days of receipt of the request.
Fall River DIA Office Phone Systems Are Having Intermittent Problems
The Fall River phones are working for the most part. However please be advised that if you dial an extension or direct dial the long number (508-677-XXXX) and get a busy signal that is part of the issue they are experiencing, and you should call their main number, 508-676-3406 and ask to be connected to the person you are looking for.