|Organization:||Division of Banks|
Consent Order Jeffery Paul Chalmers, Individually, and Real Solutions, LLC
Table of Contents
Jeffery Paul Chalmers, Individually, and Real Solutions, LLC, Norfolk, MA - Consent Order
COMMONWEALTH OF MASSACHUSETTS
COMMISSIONER OF BANKS
MORTGAGE LOAN ORIGINATOR
Docket No. 2010-199-MLO
In the Matter of
JEFFREY PAUL CHALMERS, Individually
Mortgage Loan Originator License No.: MLO76803
REAL SOLUTIONS, LLC
WHEREAS, JEFFREY PAUL CHALMERS ("Jeffrey Chalmers" or the "Licensee"), a licensed mortgage loan originator under Massachusetts General Laws chapter 255F, section 2, has been advised of his right to Notice and Hearing pursuant to Massachusetts General Laws chapter 30A, section 10, and having waived those rights, entered into a STIPULATION AND CONSENT TO THE ISSUANCE OF A CONSENT ORDER ("Consent Agreement") with representatives of the Division of Banks ("Division") dated October 21, 2010, whereby, solely for the purpose of settling this matter, Jeffrey Chalmers agrees to the issuance of this CONSENT ORDER ("Consent Order") by the Commissioner of Banks ("Commissioner");
WHEREAS, The Division of Banks ("Division"), through the Commissioner, has jurisdiction over the licensing and regulation of persons engaged in the business of a mortgage loan originator in Massachusetts pursuant to Massachusetts General Laws chapter 255F, section 2;
WHEREAS, Jeffrey Chalmers is licensed by the Commissioner as a mortgage loan originator under Massachusetts General Laws chapter 255F, section 2. According to records maintained on file with the Division, the Commissioner initially issued a mortgage loan originator license, license number MLO76803, to Jeffrey Chalmers to engage in the business of a mortgage loan originator on or about October 31, 2008;
WHEREAS, on or about April 28, 2010, based upon the findings of a 2010 investigation/inspection of certain activity involving Jeffrey Chalmers, the Division issued a FINDINGS OF FACT AND TEMPORARY ORDER TO CEASE AND DESIST (the "Temporary Order"), Docket No. 2010-199, against Jeffrey Chalmers and alleged a failure to comply with state and federal laws, rules, regulations and regulatory bulletins governing the conduct of a licensed loan originator in Massachusetts;
WHEREAS, on or about May 6, 2010, Jeffrey Chalmers filed a response to the Temporary Order and by his response, Jeffrey Chalmers further reserved his right to proceed to an administrative hearing in accordance with Massachusetts General Laws chapter 30A;
WHEREAS, on or about May 26, 2010, Jeffrey Chalmers appeared at the Division's offices for an informal conference to discuss the matters raised by the Temporary Order;
WHEREAS, Jeffrey Chalmers agrees to enter this Consent Order solely for the purpose of settling this matter and without admitting any allegations or implications of fact or the existence of any violations of applicable state and federal statutes or rules;
WHEREAS, the parties now seek to resolve by mutual agreement, the matters identified in the Temporary Order; and
WHEREAS, in recognition of the Division and Jeffrey Chalmers having reached the following mutual agreement under this Consent Order to resolve the matters raised by the Temporary Order, the Commissioner has terminated the Temporary Order on this 21st day of October, 2010.
NOW COME the parties in the above-captioned matter, the Division and Jeffrey Chalmers, and stipulate and agree as follows:
- Jeffrey Chalmers Mortgage Loan Originator license number MLO76803 shall be suspended for a period of at six (6) months from the effective date of the Temporary Order. During the period that the suspension is in effect, Jeffrey Chalmers shall refrain from negotiating, soliciting, arranging, providing or accepting any Massachusetts residential mortgage loan application, or assisting any consumer in completing such application, or otherwise operate as a mortgage loan originator, as that term is defined under General Laws chapter 255F, section 1.
- To the extent that Jeffrey Chalmers, wishes to resume or engage in the mortgage loan originator activity at the expiration of the 6-month term as set forth above, Jeffrey Chalmers will submit a written request for reinstatement to the Commissioner. It being understood that such reinstatement shall be only be granted if Jeffrey Chalmers has meet all applicable licensing standards including but not limited to the requisite mortgage loan originator testing and educational requirements pursuant to the requirements of General Laws chapter 255F.
- Jeffrey Chalmers shall submit a payment of One Thousand dollars ($1,000) in satisfaction of an administrative penalty collected in consideration of Jeffrey Chalmer's unlicensed activity as referenced in the Temporary Order. The administrative penalty shall be satisfied as follows:
- One Thousand dollars ($1,000.00) shall be due and payable after Jeffrey Chalmers has been satisfactorily been reinstated pursuant to the provisions of Section 2 and;
- Sixty (60) days after Jeffrey Chalmers has submitted an application for a change of sponsorship through the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System ("NMLS") to the Division and the change in sponsorship has been approved by the Division
- Jeffrey Chalmers shall remit such payment(s) for the amount then due, payable to the "Commonwealth of Massachusetts," to the Office of the Commissioner of Banks, 1000 Washington Street, 10th Floor, Boston, Massachusetts 02118-6400.
- The provisions of this Consent Order shall not limit, estop, or otherwise prevent any other state agency or department, from taking any other action affecting Jeffrey Chalmers.
- This Consent Order shall become effective immediately upon the date of its issuance.
- In accordance with the terms of the Consent Agreement entered by Jeffrey Chalmers and the Commissioner, Jeffrey Chalmers has waived all rights of appeal that he may have relative to the Temporary Order and this Consent Order or any of its provisions.
- The provisions of this Consent Order shall remain effective and enforceable except to the extent that, and until such time as, any provisions of this Consent Order shall have been modified, terminated, suspended, or set aside by the Commissioner or upon an order of a court of competent jurisdiction.
- This Consent Order and the Consent Agreement are the complete documents representing the resolution of this matter. There are no other agreements, promises, representations, or warranties other than those set forth in this Consent Order and the Consent Agreement.
BY ORDER AND DIRECTION OF THE COMMISSIONER OF BANKS.
Dated at Boston, Massachusetts, this 21st day of October, 2010
By: Steven L. Antonakes
Commissioner of Banks
Commonwealth of Massachusetts