|Organization:||Division of Banks|
Consent Order Patricia Ann Mulvey-Lajoie
Patricia Ann Mulvey-Lajoie - Consent Order
COMMONWEALTH OF MASSACHUSETTS
COMMISSIONER OF BANKS
Docket No. 2009-158-CO
In the Matter of
PATRICIA ANN MULVEY-LAJOIE
WHEREAS, PATRICIA ANN MULVEY-LAJOIE , has been advised of her right to Notice and Hearing pursuant to Massachusetts General Laws chapter 30A, section 10 and chapter 255F, section 11(b), and having waived those rights, entered into a STIPULATION AND CONSENT TO THE ISSUANCE OF A CONSENT ORDER ("Consent Agreement") with representatives of the Division of Banks ("Division") dated January 25, 2009, whereby, solely for the purpose of settling this matter, Patricia Ann Mulvey-Lajoie agrees to the issuance of this CONSENT ORDER ("Consent Order") by the Commissioner of Banks ("Commissioner");
WHEREAS, the Division, through the Commissioner, has jurisdiction over the licensing and regulation of persons and entities engaged in the business of a mortgage loan originator in Massachusetts pursuant to Massachusetts General Laws chapter 255F, section 2;
WHEREAS, Patricia Ann Mulvey-Lajoie applied for a Massachusetts mortgage loan originator license on June 11, 2009, and she voluntarily withdrew such mortgage loan originator application on June 19, 2009, according to her attested record in the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System ("NMLS").
WHEREAS, Patricia Ann Mulvey-Lajoie was never licensed as a mortgage loan originator in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. ;
WHEREAS, on December 11, 2008, pursuant to the authority granted under Massachusetts General Laws chapter 255E, section 8, the Division commenced an examination/inspection (the "2008 examination/inspection") of the books, accounts, papers, records, and files maintained by The Mortgage Group, Ltd., license no. MB4627, located at 1107 Pleasant Street, Fall River, MA, 02723;
WHEREAS, books and records reviewed by the Division during the 2008 examination/inspection revealed that Patricia Ann Mulvey-Lajoie originated one (1) Massachusetts residential mortgage loan on behalf of The Mortgage Group, Ltd. at a time during which she was not licensed as a mortgage loan originator in Massachusetts; and
WHEREAS, the parties now seek to resolve by mutual agreement, the aforementioned matters.
NOW COME the parties in the above-captioned matter, the Division and Patricia Ann Mulvey-Lajoie, and stipulate and agree as follows:
- Patricia Ann Mulvey-Lajoie shall immediately cease engaging in the activities of a mortgage loan originator as defined in General Law chapter 255F, section 1, for any entity until she obtains a mortgage loan originator license in Massachusetts and proper sponsorship by an employing entity to sponsor her through the NMLS, unless she qualifies for one of the seven exceptions to the mortgage loan originator's licensing requirements enumerated in the Division's regulation 209 CMR 41.03.
- Within thirty (30) days from the effective date of this Consent Order, Patricia Ann Mulvey-Lajoie shall submit a payment of one thousand dollars ($1,000.00) in satisfaction of an administrative penalty collected in consideration of Patricia Ann Mulvey-Lajoie originating a Massachusetts residential mortgage loan without holding a Massachusetts mortgage loan originator license. Patricia Ann Mulvey-Lajoie shall remit payment in full of the amount indicated above, payable to the "Commonwealth of Massachusetts," with the executed copy of the Consent Agreement, to the Office of the Commissioner of Banks, One South Station, 3rd Floor, Boston, Massachusetts 02110. The Division shall remit the payment for deposit into the General Fund of the Commonwealth.
- Patricia Ann Mulvey-Lajoie shall comply with all laws and regulations applicable to her conducting the business of a mortgage loan originator, including, but not limited to, Massachusetts General Laws chapter 255F, and the Division's regulations 209 CMR 41.00. Such obligations shall include a duty to ensure strict compliance with Massachusetts General Laws chapter 255F, Section 2, which states, in part: "No individual shall act as a mortgage loan originator with respect to any dwelling unless such person has first obtained a mortgage loan originator license from the commissioner..."
- This Consent Order shall become effective immediately upon the date of its issuance.
- The provisions of this Consent Order shall remain effective and enforceable except to the extent that, and until such time as, any provisions of this Consent Order shall have been modified, terminated, suspended, or set aside by the Commissioner or upon an order of a court of competent jurisdiction.
- This Consent Order and the Consent Agreement are the complete documents that represent the resolution of this matter. There are no other agreements, promises, representations, or warranties other than those set forth in this Consent Order and the Consent Agreement.
BY ORDER AND DIRECTION OF THE COMMISSIONER OF BANKS.
Dated at Boston, Massachusetts, this 25th day of January, 2010
By: Steven L. Antonakes
Commissioner of Banks
Commonwealth of Massachusetts