|Organization:||Division of Banks|
Consent Order William Patrick Forte
Table of Contents
William Patrick Forte - Consent Order
COMMONWEALTH OF MASSACHUSETTS
COMMISSIONER OF BANKS
Docket No. 2011-065
In the Matter of
WILLIAM PATRICK FORTE
WHEREAS, William Patrick Forte ("William Forte") has been advised of his right to Notice and Hearing pursuant to Massachusetts General Laws chapter 30A, section 10 and chapter 255F, section 11, and having waived those rights, entered into a STIPULATION AND CONSENT TO THE ISSUANCE OF A CONSENT ORDER ("Consent Agreement") with representatives of the Division of Banks ("Division") dated December 2, 2011, whereby, solely for the purpose of settling this matter and without admission of any violation of law, William Forte agrees to the issuance of this CONSENT ORDER ("Consent Order") by the Commissioner of Banks ("Commissioner");
WHEREAS, the Division, through the Commissioner, has jurisdiction over the licensing and regulation of persons and entities engaged in the business of a mortgage loan originator in Massachusetts pursuant to Massachusetts General Laws chapter 255F, section 2;
WHEREAS, according to the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System ("NMLS"), William Forte applied for a Massachusetts mortgage loan originator license on January 14, 2011;
WHEREAS, William Forte voluntarily withdrew his pending application for licensure as a Massachusetts mortgage loan originator on February 14, 2011;
WHEREAS, William Forte never obtained a Massachusetts mortgage loan originator license and he was never authorized to originate loans for Massachusetts property;
WHEREAS, on February 7, 2011, pursuant to the authority granted under Massachusetts General Laws chapter 255E, section 8, the Division commenced an examination/inspection ("examination/inspection") of the books, accounts, papers, records, and files maintained by Intercontinental Capital Group, Inc., New York, New York, mortgage lender license no. ML60134;
WHEREAS, the Division’s review of books and records during the examination/inspection revealed that William Forte originated three (3) Massachusetts residential mortgage loan applications on behalf of Intercontinental Capital Group, Inc., at times during which, according to his attested record in the NMLS he did not have an approved Massachusetts mortgage loan originator license in accordance with Massachusetts law;
WHEREAS, by contemporaneous agreement set forth in the Consent Order, Docket No. 2011-055, entered between Intercontinental Capital Group, Inc. and the Division (the "Consent Order, Docket No. 2011-055"), Intercontinental Capital Group, Inc., without admitting any violation of law occurred, agreed to satisfy any administrative penalty assessed against William Forte in consideration of the alleged mortgage loan originator licensing violations described above; and
WHEREAS, the parties now seek to resolve by mutual agreement, the aforementioned matters.
NOW COME the parties in the above-captioned matter, the Division and William Forte, and stipulate and agree as follows:
- Pursuant to the provisions of the Consent Order, Docket No. 2011-055, Intercontinental Capital Group, Inc. without any requirement or obligation to do so, agreed to satisfy an administrative penalty in the amount of three thousand dollars ($3,000.00) which was assessed against William Forte in consideration of his act(s) of originating residential mortgage loan(s) when he was not licensed as a mortgage loan originator in Massachusetts.
- William Forte, during all relevant times in the future in which a Massachusetts mortgage loan originator license may be held, must comply with all laws and regulations applicable to him conducting the business of a mortgage loan originator, including, but not limited to, Massachusetts General Laws chapter 255F, and the Division’s regulation 209 CMR 41.00. Such obligations shall include a duty to ensure strict compliance with Massachusetts General Laws chapter 255F, section 2, which states, in part: "No individual shall act as a mortgage loan originator with respect to any dwelling unless such person has first obtained a mortgage loan originator license from the commissioner…"
- This Consent Order shall become effective immediately upon the date of its issuance.
- The provisions of this Consent Order shall remain effective and enforceable except to the extent that, and until such time as, any provisions of this Consent Order shall have been modified, terminated, suspended, or set aside by the Commissioner or upon an order of a court of competent jurisdiction.
- This Consent Order and the Consent Agreement are the complete documents that represent the resolution of this matter. There are no other agreements, promises, representations, or warranties other than those set forth in this Consent Order and the Consent Agreement.
BY ORDER AND DIRECTION OF THE COMMISSIONER OF BANKS.
Dated at Boston, Massachusetts, this 2nd day of December, 2011
David J. Cotney
Commissioner of Banks