- This page, IFB and RFP Workshop - OIG Academy Elective, is offered by
- Office of the Inspector General
IFB and RFP Workshop - OIG Academy Elective
Contact for IFB and RFP Workshop - OIG Academy Elective
Office of the Inspector General - OIG Academy
Overview of IFB and RFP Workshop - OIG Academy Elective
This 1-day OIG Academy workshop focuses on the nuances between issuing an invitation for bids (IFB) or a request for proposals (RFP) to procure supplies and services.
Students will analyze actual IFB and RFP documents to understand better how to draft clear specifications and evaluative criteria. The information will be based on the premises that 1) uniform contracting procedures promote competition and fairness, 2) robust competition for larger procurements saves money, and 3) an open and fair process promotes integrity and public confidence in government.
- Prerequisite: Completion of Public Contracting Overview is recommended, but not required.
- Class Level: Intermediate
- Instructional Method: Online - OIG Academy Online Class Technical Specifications
- Advanced Prep: None
- Credits: 6
- April 25, 2024
8:15 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Registration closes two weeks before the class start date.
- Blackboard® or other virtual platform login details will be emailed to registrants.
- The pros and cons of using either an IFB or an RFP
- Rules for award
- Ensuring a responsible and responsive determination of the lowest bid
- Conducting a statutorily compliant proposal process
- Proprietary specifications and problems related to janitorial supplies contracts