Chapter 30B addresses the purchase of supplies and services, the disposition of surplus supplies and the acquisition and disposition of real property by local governmental bodies and other jurisdictions that use Chapter 30B. This form is one of our options for you to obtain assistance. We look forward to assisting you!
Note, the Chapter 30B technical assistance team can respond only to questions about Chapter 30B – the Uniform Procurement Act. Therefore, we are providing links to other agencies and entities so you may reach out to them depending on your topic or interest.
- Please direct questions related to the design law and construction bid laws to the Attorney General Office's Construction Bid Unit. Click here to access Public Construction Bidding in Massachusetts Frequently Asked Questions.
- Please direct prevailing wage questions to the Department of Labor Standards (DLS).
- Please direct questions related to municipal finance to the Department of Revenue, Division of Local Services.
- Please direct questions related to the designer selection process to the Designer Selection Board (DSB).
- Please direct questions related to the Green Communities Program, solar energy procurement, energy management services contracts or other energy-related procurements to the Massachusetts Department of Energy Resources (DOER).
- Please direct questions related to municipal aggregation to the Department of Public Utilities (DPU).
- Please direct questions related to statewide contracts, state agency procurement rules, the state surplus property listing and COMMBUYS to the Operational Services Division (OSD). For information from the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE), view the Contract User Guide for DESE K-12 Health Safety Supply/PPE Program.
- Please direct conflict-of-interest law questions or concerns to the State Ethics Commission.
Before contacting the technical assistance team using this form, please review the following reference materials as they may provide you with a faster and more comprehensive response to your question.
- The Chapter 30B statute [M.G.L. c. 30B]
- The Chapter 30B Manual
- Charts on Procurement Procedures - Design, Construction, Chapter 30B
- OIG Procurement Bulletin (now OIG Bulletin) Index
- Designing and Constructing Public Facilities
- Other Options - see the Decision Tree
To report fraud, waste and abuse of public funds or property, please go to the Confidential Public Fraud, Waste and Abuse Reporting Hotline webpage.
You may submit your questions anonymously, but if you do not provide some form of contact information, we cannot respond to your question. Note that any information provided to the technical assistance line is not intended for any other use unless the information provided is in the form of a complaint or indicates an intentional violation or law. If you do not want to use this form, you may obtain assistance by emailing the 30BHotline@mass.gov or calling our 30B hotline number (617) 722-8838.