Comprised of young people from each county in Massachusetts, the Youth Advisory Council will make recommendations to Governor Healey and Lieutenant Governor Driscoll on issues facing youth of the Commonwealth, such as civic engagement, education, the environment, housing, and youth violence.
Applicants must be at least 16 years old before the end of the calendar year to apply. Members will serve a term of two years, or until the end of the calendar year during which they turn 21 years old. The council will meet no fewer than four times per year.
To apply, you will need:
- Your date of birth, email, phone number, and address.
- A guardian's email, phone number and address if you are under 18 years of age.
- A personal essay (500 word maximum) answering one or more of these prompts:
- What unique perspectives do you have that will contribute to the Youth Advisory Council determining and working to solve Massachusetts’ biggest youth issues?
- Why do you want to help the Massachusetts Governor’s Office develop the change you desire in our community?
- A reference letter from an adult in your life, like a mentor, teacher, coach, employer, etc.
Applications are due by 11:59 PM on October 14, 2023. Questions about the Youth Advisory Council or the application process may be directed at Deputy Director of Community Affairs Jordan Chrispin at firstname.lastname@example.org or Program Assistant Sage Scott at email@example.com.