An official website of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
This page, Earned Income Worksheet, is part of
This page, Earned Income Worksheet, is offered by

Earned Income Worksheet

Calculator for Disability Retirees to determine their annual earnings limits

You will need:

  • The regular compensation (salary) for the position you retired from
    This must be obtained from your former employer 
  • Your retirement allowance (pension + annuity)
    This must be obtained from your retirement board


  • This worksheet is intended for personal use only.
  • Do not file this worksheet with your retirement board or with PERAC.
  • This worksheet does not replace the Annual Statement of Earned Income
  • If you exceed your allowable earnings, you must refund the excess amount to your retirement system.
  • In addition to the compensation limits, no retiree is allowed to work more than 1200 total hours during a calendar year in public sector employment. Any hours worked beyond this hourly limit would also be considered excess earnings.
  • You may contact Sandra King at PERAC for assistance at 617-666-4446, ext. 947 or