|Organization:||Department of Public Health|
|Referenced Sources:||CDC Interim Public Health Recommendations for Fully Vaccinated People|
Guidance Guidance for people who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19
Table of Contents
What it means to be fully vaccinated
- People are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 if they have received two doses of either the Moderna or Pfizer COVID-19 vaccines or a single dose of the Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) vaccine more than 14 days ago.
- This also applies to COVID-19 vaccines that have been authorized for emergency use by the World Health Organization (e.g. AstraZeneca/Oxford, Sinopharm).
- People who have a condition or are taking medications that weaken the immune system should talk to their healthcare provider to discuss their activities.
How to protect yourself and others
If you feel sick, stay home and get tested.
While vaccines are highly effective there is still a chance you can get COVID-19 even after you get the vaccine. If you develop respiratory symptoms like runny nose, cough, or loss of sense of smell or taste, you should get tested for COVID-19 or talk to your healthcare provider.
Isolate if you test positive for COVID-19.
Monitor for symptoms if you are a close contact to someone with COVID-19.
You are not required to quarantine following an exposure. However, you should still monitor for symptoms of COVID-19 for 14 days following an exposure. If you experience symptoms, isolate yourself from others, seek testing, and contact your healthcare provider.
In certain settings, continue to wear a mask and avoid close contact when feasible.
Masks are still mandatory for all individuals on public and private transportation systems (including rideshares, livery, taxi, ferries, MBTA, Commuter Rail and transportation stations), in healthcare facilities, in schools, and in other settings hosting vulnerable populations, such as congregate care settings.
- For more information, visit COVID-19 Mask Requirements | Mass.gov.
- Please also review updates to the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education’s COVID-19 Guidance.
NOTE: Requirements for healthcare personnel may be different. See COVID-19 Return to Work Guidance for more information.
View this guidance in multiple languages
|Guía para personas completamente vacunadas contra el COVID-19||DOC|
|Portuguese||Orientação para pessoas que estão completamente vacinadas contra COVID-19||DOC|
|Rekòmandasyon pou moun ki vaksinen nèt kont COVID-19 la||DOC|
|Vietnamese||Hướng dẫn cho người đã được tiêm chủng COVID-19 đầy đủ||DOC|
|Albanian||Direktiva për persona plotësisht të vaksinuar kundër COVID-19||DOC|
|Arabic||إرشادات للأشخاص الذين تم تطعيمهم بالكامل ضد مرض (COVID-19)||DOC|
|Cape Verdean||Guia pa pessoas ki ten vassina konpletu kontra COVID-19||DOC|
|Russian||Руководство для лиц, прошедшую полную вакцинацию против COVID-19||DOC|