BIDLS tracks, tests for, and combats infectious disease. We educate people in Massachusetts about preventing the spread of disease and improve the quality of life of all residents.
Public health response to COVID-19
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
Details about DPH's response to the COVID-19 pandemic in Massachusetts
- COVID-19 Response Reporting
Daily and cumulative data on Massachusetts COVID-19 cases and testing
See the latest information about the COVID-19 vaccine in Massachusetts
- Guidance for COVID-19 vaccine providers
Information to assist you in your vaccination efforts throughout the pandemic
Information to help you find your Massachusetts vaccination records
Who we serve
We work to protect everyone in Massachusetts from infectious disease. We provide infectious disease prevention and tracking, health information and education, vaccines, and laboratory testing to medical professionals, hospitals, local and regional health departments, other state agencies, community-based organizations, schools, correctional facilities, first responders, and the general public.
What would you like to do?
- HIV Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP)
- Syringe service programs
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD)
- Fact Sheets on Infectious Diseases
- Infectious disease surveillance, reporting, and control
- Foodborne illness
- Antibiotic/Antimicrobial Resistance
- Refugee health
- Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)
- Healthcare Associated Infections (HAIs)
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B (HBV)
- Hepatitis C (HCV)
- Immunization Resources and Events
- Integrated testing and linkage services
- Zika Virus
- Bureau of Infectious Disease and Laboratory Sciences Public Records Request
Disease Control & Prevention
Questions about the flu or other illnesses in Massachusetts? Find your answers here.
Immunizations help prevent serious, vaccine-preventable disease. Find more information and resources on vaccine FAQs, vaccine administration, state-supplied vaccines, the Massachusetts Immunization Information System, school immunizations, and more.